Cath-it Acute Plus – Catheter Insertion Pack by Richardson Healthcare
Cost and time effective alternative.
Easy to use and allows clinician freedom of choice.
Cath-it Acute Plus is a compact catheter insertion kit ideal for hospital use. The pack contains all the supporting materials required for catheter insertion, allowing the clinician freedom to choose what size/type of catheter, leg bag and lubricant to use. Unique in design the pack supports non-touch technique, thus promoting best practice and minimising the risk of infection.
Instruction of Use
1. Wash hands with soap and water, and dry with a clean towel.
2. Open the pack onto cleaned working area.
3. Carefully unfold outer wrapping to form aseptic working area; touching only outside corners.
4. Put on apron, and use waste bag to organise components onto aseptic field.
5. Position waste bag for ease of use during procedure.
6. Clean hands with soap/alcohol gel and apply 1st pair of sterile gloves.
7. Apply aseptic fenestrated drape and modesty drape over the genitals and between legs.
8. Cleanse urethral orifice area with saline using non-woven balls and swabs provided.
9. Apply lubricant according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
10. Dispose gloves in waste bag; clean hands with soap/alcohol gel; apply 2nd pair of sterile gloves prior to handling of catheter.
11. Using non-touch technique insert catheter.
12. Once catheter is in bladder using non-touch technique inflate balloon with sterile water.
13. Using non-touch technique attach collection bag.
14. Dispose of waste and gloves.
15. Clean hands with soap and water.
- For urethral catheterisation.
|RHC Code||Description||NHS Code||Pack Qty|
Whilst every effort is made to the accuracy of the content presented; it is for information purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice.