ClearFilm IV Pro is CVC advanced securement dressing. ClearFilm IV Pro is a transparent IV dressing, coated with a layer of skin-friendly hypoallergenic adhesive. The winged design coupled with a simple frame delivery system allows for easy and accurate positioning over the wound site. Additionally, the low reflective nature of the transparent film provides high visibility of the insertion site for monitoring purposes without the need of removal and reapplication of the dressing. ClearFilm IV Pro’s deep notched design and tails facilitate secure application around the inserted device and create an effective barrier to secondary infection and bacterial contamination.
ClearFilm IV Pro is completely latex-free, including all aspects of the packaging. Promotes best practice and enhanced patient comfort with additional securement strips and date label. ClearFilm IV Pro is high MVTR 2760 g/m2/24hrs (moisture vapour transmission rate).
A date label strip and two cloth securement strips are included with each dressing to promote best practice and enhance patient comfort through providing added anchorage of catheters, cannulas and infusion sites.
- Viral Barrier
- Deep notched design forms a barrier to secondary infection and bacterial contamination.
- Latex-free Zone
- All aspects of the ClearFilm IV Pro range are Latex-free.
- Easy to use
- Frame delivery system facilitates simple, accurate and quick application.
- Low reflective film
- Transparent, low reflective film window allows easy positioning and monitoring of insertion site.
- ClearFilm IV Pro waterproof design maximises fluid protection of site and minimises frequency of dressing changes.
- Softer touch
- Hypoallergenic adhesive is gentle to the skin whilst providing maximum securement.
1. Open package and remove sterile dressing and additional card with fixation strips.
2. Remove backing paper and position dressing over catheter site at the desired location.
3. Ensure transparent film window sits over insertion site and the lumens rest in the cut-out notch.
4. Do not stretch the dressing during application as tension may cause skin trauma.
5. Slowly remove the frame while firmly smoothing down the dressing edges to maximise fixation.
6. Using the secondary fixation strip, place under the lumens with the notch facing inwards and secure over the edge of the main section. Smooth down to ensure fixation.
7. The additional two fixation strips can be applied to further separate and support the lumens.
8. Enter the dressing change details onto the record label and fix onto dressing ensuring the window is not obscured.
Clearfilm IV Pro – 8.5cm x 11.5cm is indicated for use on:
- Central Venous Catheter dressing
- Peripheral Line Catheter dressing
|RHC Code||Description||NHS Code||Pack Qty|
|816070 – Sterile||8.5cm x 11.5cm||ELW932||50|
|816071 – Non Sterile||8.5cm x 11.5cm||–||100|